The African Society of Association Executives (AfSAE) is a professional community of association executives and voice of the association profession in Africa.
Established in 2015 and officially registered in South Africa on 19/02/2016, as a Non-Profit Company (NPC), Tax Number 9024813249
To build and advance the importance and effectiveness of associations in Africa
Shaping Africa’s future through sustainable association management
AfSAE wants to build and enhance the relevancy and sustainability of associations and their management in Africa through the following set of objectives.
1. Education: To provide a forum for learning, training, networking, and sharing of knowledge about the practice of the association profession and nonprofit management in Africa.
2. Advocacy: To influence the legislative and regulatory climate, favorable to associations, and ensure the general public recognizes the valuable role that associations and association professionals play in advancing our society
3. Networking: To connect our members to the global member communities and groups created to facilitate the exchange of knowledge, sharing of expertise, and networking activities
4. Collaboration & partnerships: To create strategic alliances between associations and other nonprofits that are intended to achieve greater impact together than any organization could generate on its own
5. Leadership: Guiding our members through continuous learning about the industry’s evolving trends that actively shape the future and responds to changes that will better the profession.
6. Social Development: We advocate the improvement and well being of our members in society so they can reach their full potential. We aspire to invest in our members by the removal of barriers so that we can journey with confidence and dignity to our shared dreams and the path to self-sufficiency.